Indefatigable
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strategic Lounging (Edmondson/Dougherty)

2 posters

Go down

Strategic Lounging (Edmondson/Dougherty) Empty Strategic Lounging (Edmondson/Dougherty)

Post by Rena Markov Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:29 pm

USS Indefatigable
Flying Colours Lounge
1800 Hours
Day 2

When Fallon had first come aboard the Indefatigable she hadn't really known why the ships lounge was called Flying Colours. One of the Yard Engineers had told her it was related to the Horatio Hornblower series of novels, and that it had been the name for it for as long as the ship had been in service. Fallon had looked up the series and it looked interesting, but she hadn't really had time to do more than that. Running a starship -even one still in drydock- took a lot of time out of ones schedule.

In fact sitting in the lounge with a cherry soda and a gorgeous view of the maintenance yards was the first bit of R&R she'd had since coming onboard aside sleep. The spacious lounge was mostly empty aside from her, the bartender, and a gaggle of engineers. Like the rest of the ship it had more grey overtones with dark blue highlights that gave off a very modern feel, despite the ships age. The bar itself was smaller, and seemed more like an afterthought to the rest of the lounge which was spacious with tables, and chairs strewn about, and even a Foosball table in the corner.

Fallon was sitting in one of the plush chairs, relaxing and going over her day. Meeting the XO had been interesting, but other than that it was just a lot of filework that she sincerely hoped she'd done right. She took a sip of her authentic cherry soda and stretched out. Command did have it's privileges, and being able to tell the lounge what to stock was one of them

<tag Dougherty>

Rena Markov
Rena Markov
CO
CO

https://indefatigable.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Strategic Lounging (Edmondson/Dougherty) Empty Re: Strategic Lounging (Edmondson/Dougherty)

Post by Oliver Dougherty Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:03 pm

USS Indefatigable
Flying Colours Lounge
1800 Hours
Day 2

When Fallon had first come aboard the Indefatigable she hadn't really known why the ships lounge was called Flying Colours. One of the Yard Engineers had told her it was related to the Horatio Hornblower series of novels, and that it had been the name for it for as long as the ship had been in service. Fallon had looked up the series and it looked interesting, but she hadn't really had time to do more than that. Running a starship -even one still in drydock- took a lot of time out of ones schedule.

In fact sitting in the lounge with a cherry soda and a gorgeous view of the maintenance yards was the first bit of R&R she'd had since coming onboard aside sleep. The spacious lounge was mostly empty aside from her, the bartender, and a gaggle of engineers. Like the rest of the ship it had more grey overtones with dark blue highlights that gave off a very modern feel, despite the ships age. The bar itself was smaller, and seemed more like an afterthought to the rest of the lounge which was spacious with tables, and chairs strewn about, and even a Foosball table in the corner.

Fallon was sitting in one of the plush chairs, relaxing and going over her day. Meeting the XO had been interesting, but other than that it was just a lot of filework that she sincerely hoped she'd done right. She took a sip of her authentic cherry soda and stretched out. Command did have it's privileges, and being able to tell the lounge what to stock was one of them.

Oliver was glad that he was informed that the Captain was in the lounge, he was thinking to himself that he had , it seemed, to have reported to every other single Commanding Officer in their ready room. It would be a nice change of pace instead of the usual hooplah of one person sitting on each side of an enormous and pompously oversized desk.

Oliver spotted her almost immediately recognized her from her official image and description. Captain Edmonson's back was to him and the door. Tactically, this was a mistake, but who should be more safe on a ship than her Captain? He stepped through the glass doors of the Flying Colors Lounge, he laughed to himself. Everything about this ship was long-winded. The name, the lounge. He even thought for about the syllables in not only his last name but the Captain's, paused, dismissively shook his head, and walked up to the bartender.

"I'll have a liter of meade please." He ordered and after about two seconds he added, "Without alcohol, please." So after the first glass that had a little of the meade with alcohol it it was dumped and refilled he took it and took a long drink. The tone was good and had a very light flavor of honey. The bartender even served it in the correct container, a glazed ceramic pottery glass with no handle. After spotting the Captain he walked up next to her, motioned his hand generally toward the empty chair perpendicular to the one she was sitting in and said, "Captain, may I have a seat? I'm Lieutenant Dougherty, Oliver if you would prefer."

<Tag Cap>
Oliver Dougherty
Oliver Dougherty
CSO
CSO

Back to top Go down

Strategic Lounging (Edmondson/Dougherty) Empty Re: Strategic Lounging (Edmondson/Dougherty)

Post by Rena Markov Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:40 pm

USS Indefatigable
Flying Colours Lounge
1800 Hours
Day 2

Fallon was sitting in one of the plush chairs, relaxing and going over her day. Meeting the XO had been interesting, but other than that it was just a lot of filework that she sincerely hoped she'd done right. She took a sip of her authentic cherry soda and stretched out. Command did have it's privileges, and being able to tell the lounge what to stock was one of them.

Oliver was glad that he was informed that the Captain was in the lounge, he was thinking to himself that he had , it seemed, to have reported to every other single Commanding Officer in their ready room. It would be a nice change of pace instead of the usual hooplah of one person sitting on each side of an enormous and pompously oversized desk.

Oliver spotted her almost immediately recognized her from her official image and description. Captain Edmonson's back was to him and the door. Tactically, this was a mistake, but who should be more safe on a ship than her Captain? He stepped through the glass doors of the Flying Colors Lounge, he laughed to himself. Everything about this ship was long-winded. The name, the lounge. He even thought for about the syllables in not only his last name but the Captain's, paused, dismissively shook his head, and walked up to the bartender.

"I'll have a liter of meade please." He ordered and after about two seconds he added, "Without alcohol, please." So after the first glass that had a little of the meade with alcohol it it was dumped and refilled he took it and took a long drink. The tone was good and had a very light flavor of honey. The bartender even served it in the correct container, a glazed ceramic pottery glass with no handle. After spotting the Captain he walked up next to her, motioned his hand generally toward the empty chair perpendicular to the one she was sitting in and said, "Captain, may I have a seat? I'm Lieutenant Dougherty, Oliver if you would prefer."

"Have a seat," Fallon replied motioning to the other chair as she looked over the Lieutenant curiously. Dougherty...I know that name, she thought going through a mental checklist of names she'd read on officers reports. She was pretty sure that he was the Chief of Strategic Operations, but wasn't sure. He looked...tall. Fallon was starting to suspect that everyone on senior staff was going to be taller than her. He looked muscular, but a little rough around the edges as well.
"So what can I do for you Mr. Dougherty," She asked, taking another sip of soda.

<tag>

OOC: Just a tip, if you use the quote button, and then just take away the quote boxes it also transfers the formatting like italics
Rena Markov
Rena Markov
CO
CO

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Dougherty Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:41 am

USS Indefatigable
Flying Colours Lounge
1800 Hours
Day 2

"Have a seat," Fallon replied motioning to the other chair as she looked over the Lieutenant curiously. Dougherty...I know that name, she thought going through a mental checklist of names she'd read on officers reports. She was pretty sure that he was the Chief of Strategic Operations, but wasn't sure. He looked...tall. Fallon was starting to suspect that everyone on senior staff was going to be taller than her. He looked muscular, but a little rough around the edges as well. "So what can I do for you Mr. Dougherty," She asked, taking another sip of soda.

"Nothing at the moment besides conversation, Captain", Oliver was gently eyeing her trying to get a feel for her personality. She was doing a good job at stonewalling him. Her face showed no creases, no break in the gentile lines conditioning any emotion. Then he noticed the tips of her ears. He almost laughed out loud when he realized that she was Vulcan, or at least part. There was no way of knowing just by looking at her how strong of a hereditary tie she had to her Vulcan blood. He immediately wondered if her blood was red or green then dismissed it as a topic for another time. "As I do remember it is customary for the staff to meet the Captain upon arrival, and I didn't want to make you come looking for me." Oliver looked around it was still a little strange to be back on a ship. He took a long drink from his glass and said,"I've looked around the ship and most sections are finished or are almost finished. She seems to be a good ship, if not a little...old."

<Tag>
Oliver Dougherty
Oliver Dougherty
CSO
CSO

Back to top Go down

Post by Rena Markov Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:26 am

USS Indefatigable
Flying Colours Lounge
1800 Hours
Day 2

"Have a seat," Fallon replied motioning to the other chair as she looked over the Lieutenant curiously. Dougherty...I know that name, she thought going through a mental checklist of names she'd read on officers reports. She was pretty sure that he was the Chief of Strategic Operations, but wasn't sure. He looked...tall. Fallon was starting to suspect that everyone on senior staff was going to be taller than her. He looked muscular, but a little rough around the edges as well. "So what can I do for you Mr. Dougherty," She asked, taking another sip of soda.

"Nothing at the moment besides conversation, Captain", Oliver was gently eyeing her trying to get a feel for her personality. She was doing a good job at stonewalling him. Her face showed no creases, no break in the gentile lines conditioning any emotion. Then he noticed the tips of her ears. He almost laughed out loud when he realized that she was Vulcan, or at least part. There was no way of knowing just by looking at her how strong of a hereditary tie she had to her Vulcan blood. He immediately wondered if her blood was red or green then dismissed it as a topic for another time. "As I do remember it is customary for the staff to meet the Captain upon arrival, and I didn't want to make you come looking for me." Oliver looked around it was still a little strange to be back on a ship. He took a long drink from his glass and said,"I've looked around the ship and most sections are finished or are almost finished. She seems to be a good ship, if not a little...old."

"Well if the Klingon's can still use B'rel's I don't see why we can't still use Excelsior's," Fallon replied with a grin. She relaxed a little bit more in her chair, and took another sip of her drink. Dougherty seemed like a fairly easy going Officer, which was good. Fallon wasn't really in the mood for dealing with a by the book type of Officer, during her off hours. Then again a by the book kind of officer wouldn't be visiting her in the ships lounge. It was certainly a nice change of pace, from her more straight laced XO. "I'll note it that you've officially met me somewhere," She continued," And yes from what the yard people are telling me we should be ready to go in a few days minimum. A lot of the bigger stuff is done, it's just the fine tuning now."

<tag>
Rena Markov
Rena Markov
CO
CO

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Dougherty Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:04 am

USS Indefatigable
Flying Colours Lounge
1800 Hours
Day 2

"Well if the Klingons can still use B'rels I don't see why we can't still use Excelsiors," Fallon replied with a grin. She relaxed a little bit more in her chair, and took another sip of her drink. Dougherty seemed like a fairly easy going Officer, which was good. Fallon wasn't really in the mood for dealing with a by the book type of Officer, during her off hours. Then again a by the book kind of officer wouldn't be visiting her in the ships lounge. It was certainly a nice change of pace, from her more straight laced XO. "I'll note it that you've officially met me somewhere," She continued," And yes from what the yard people are telling me we should be ready to go in a few days minimum. A lot of the bigger stuff is done, it's just the fine tuning now."

"Oliver finished his drink in a long deliberate swallow, enjoying the flavor. "And for a ship's Captain the last few days before launch consists of more administrative work than most of the next year." He grinned looking at her, "I have been in command of a ship, I understand the substantially unique stresses that go along with command. If you need to blow off steam or just to come by and see my Tarkalian Tea Spider. Don't feel like you'd be intruding."

<tag>
Oliver Dougherty
Oliver Dougherty
CSO
CSO

Back to top Go down

Post by Rena Markov Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:04 am

USS Indefatigable
Flying Colours Lounge
1800 Hours
Day 2

"Well if the Klingons can still use B'rels I don't see why we can't still use Excelsiors," Fallon replied with a grin. She relaxed a little bit more in her chair, and took another sip of her drink. Dougherty seemed like a fairly easy going Officer, which was good. Fallon wasn't really in the mood for dealing with a by the book type of Officer, during her off hours. Then again a by the book kind of officer wouldn't be visiting her in the ships lounge. It was certainly a nice change of pace, from her more straight laced XO. "I'll note it that you've officially met me somewhere," She continued," And yes from what the yard people are telling me we should be ready to go in a few days minimum. A lot of the bigger stuff is done, it's just the fine tuning now."

"Oliver finished his drink in a long deliberate swallow, enjoying the flavor. "And for a ship's Captain the last few days before launch consists of more administrative work than most of the next year." He grinned looking at her, "I have been in command of a ship, I understand the substantially unique stresses that go along with command. If you need to blow off steam or just to come by and see my Tarkalian Tea Spider. Don't feel like you'd be intruding."

Fallon wasn't sure how she felt about having a former Captain serve under her. Did that make him a failure. or a success? "I'll be sure to keep that in mind," She replied with a smile, keeping her thoughts to herself, but also made a note to check Dougherty's profile. If the man was going to be trouble, she wanted to be sure. Although everything so far, told her that he was probably an upstanding officer, but she wanted to keep her bases checked.

<Tag>
Rena Markov
Rena Markov
CO
CO

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Dougherty Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:56 am

[quote="Fallon Edmondson"]USS Indefatigable
Flying Colours Lounge
1800 Hours
Day 2

Fallon wasn't sure how she felt about having a former Captain serve under her. Did that make him a failure. or a success? "I'll be sure to keep that in mind," She replied with a smile, keeping her thoughts to herself, but also made a note to check Dougherty's profile. If the man was going to be trouble, she wanted to be sure. Although everything so far, told her that he was probably an upstanding officer, but she wanted to keep her bases checked.

"If you'll excuse me, Captain, I'll let you get back to your thoughts." Oliver stood and placed his empty mug on the bar near the door on his way out. He thought to himself, Well now she's pleasant.

<TAG> (Not really sure where this is going from here.)
Oliver Dougherty
Oliver Dougherty
CSO
CSO

Back to top Go down

Post by Rena Markov Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:55 pm

Posted
Rena Markov
Rena Markov
CO
CO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down